AdsJul Web Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Where is the Issachar Tribe?


Where Are All the Twelve Tribes of Israel? What are the identities of the 12 tribes of Israel? Where are the lost ten tribes?read more

Gen 49:14 
KJV: “Issachar is a strong ass couching down between two burdens: And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.”

ESV: "Issachar is a strong donkey, crouching between the sheepfolds. He saw that a resting place was good, and that the land was pleasant, so he bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant at forced labor.”

NASB: “Issachar is a strong donkey, Lying down between the sheepfolds. When he saw that a resting place was good And that the land was pleasant, He bowed his shoulder to bear burdens, And became a slave at forced labor.”

NIV: “Issachar is a rawboned donkey lying down between two saddlebags. When he sees how good is his resting place and how pleasant is his land, he will bend his shoulder to the burden and submit to forced labor.”The 12 tribes are from the 12 sons of Israel.
Jacob's twelve sons are first mentioned in the order of their births (to four different mothers) in the Book of Genesis (29:31–30:24 & 35:16-20). For easier analysis, they are distinguished by colored highlighting in the table below:
  • Leah (elder wife): 1) Reuben, 2) Simeon, 3) Levi, 4) Judah; later also 9) Issachar and 10) Zebulun - (shades of red)
  • Bilhah (Rachel's slave): 5) Dan, 6) Naphtali - (light blue)
  • Zilpah (Leah's slave): 7) Gad, 8) Asher - (light green)
  • Rachel (younger wife): 11) Joseph, 12) Benjamin - (shades of yellow)
    [Manasseh & Ephraim, sons of Joseph, are often listed separately; in some later texts, the half-tribe of Manasseh is further divided into its eastern and western halves.]
According to some teaching Issachar is somewhere else not the Bicol Region V of the Philippines :  
We faithful in the Church of God believe that the descendants of Israel traveled to many places, and while the following list may need some adjustment, it basically reflects where many of us have been taught those descendants went (even though some of each are scattered throughout many lands):
    1. Reuben - France (dignified but troubled, Genesis 49:3-4)
    2. Judah - The nation now called Israel as well as the Jews not in that land but who were from the area near Jerusalem (Ezra 4:12)
    3. Simeon - Scattered throughout the tribes (Genesis 49:5)
    4. Levi - Scattered throughout the tribes (Genesis 49:5)
    5. Issachar - Finland (sits between Europe and Russia, Genesis 49:14)
    6. Zebulun - Netherlands (haven by the sea, Genesis 49:13) and a few in South Africa
    7. Gad - Switzerland (will apparently have to temporarily accept EU domination, Genesis 49:19)
    8. Dan - Denmark, Ireland (on the outskirts--Genesis 49:17; the tribe that named places "Dan", Judges 18:12,29) (those in Northern Ireland mainly are descended from the Ephraim)
    9. Asher - Belgium, Luxembourg (wealthy, Genesis 49:20)
    10. Naphtali - Sweden (attractively described, Genesis 49:21)
    11. Benjamin - Norway, Iceland (former vikings, cf. Genesis 49:27)
    12. Ephraim - Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and probably some in South Africa and Zimbabwe (company of nations, Genesis 48:19)
    13. Manasseh - United States of America (blessed nation, Genesis 48:19)


Issachar. (reward). I. The ninth son of Jacob and the fifth of Leah. (Genesis 30:17, 18) (B.C. 1753-45) 
Bicol Region 5
NameMeaning in HebrewExplanation (NRSV translation)Ref.
Reuben"see, a son"Leah: "Because the Lord has looked on my affliction; surely now my husband will love me."Gen 29:32
Simeonshama = "heard"Leah: "Because the Lord has heard that I am hated, he has given me this son also."Gen 29:33
Levilawah = "joined"Leah: "Now this time my husband will be joined to me, because I have borne him three sons."Gen 29:34
Judahhodah = "praise"Leah: "This time I will praise the Lord."Gen 29:35
Dan"he judged"Rachel: "God has judged me, and has also heard my voice and given me a son "Gen 30:6
Naphtaliniphtal = "wrestled"Rachel: "With mighty wrestlings I have wrestled with my sister, and have prevailed."Gen 30:8
Gad"fortune"Leah: "Good fortune."Gen 30:11
Asher"happy"Leah: "Happy am I! For the women will call me happy."Gen 30:13
Issacharsakar = "hire; reward"Leah: "God has given me hire because I gave my maid to my husband."Gen 30:18
Zebulunzabal = "honor"Leah: "God has endowed me with a good dowry; now my husband will honor me, because I have borne him six sons."Gen 30:20
Joseph"he adds"Rachel: "May the Lord add to me another son."Gen 30:24
Benjamin"son of the right hand"
or "son of the South"
Rachel calls the baby "Ben-oni" ("son of my sorrow"); but Jacob calls him "Ben-jamin"Gen 35:18
Manasseh"making to forget"Joseph: "God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father's house."Gen 41:51
Ephraim"to be fruitful"Joseph: "God has made me fruitful in the land of my misfortunes."Gen 41:52

Why Bicol?
The camarines norte was the place where the Spanish spend their vacation some centuries ago. It is their " resting place" .And the map of Bicol is like a donkey hence :"Issachar is a strong donkey". .And any other proof to prove that ? So many proof but it is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment